World Bicycle Relief is mobilizing people through the Power of Bicycles. We envision a world where distance is no longer a barrier to education, healthcare and economic opportunity.
What We do
we provide bikes that help people prosper
We provide specially-designed, locally assembled bicycles to entrepreneurs, healthcare workers and students across rural Africa through sustainable work-to-own and study-to-own programs. We also train field mechanics to ensure access to maintenance and spare parts.
To meet the growing demand for high-quality bicycles in the developing world, World Bicycle Relief's wholly-owned subsidiary, Buffalo Bicycle Ltd. sells bikes directly to non-governmental organizations, corporations and individuals in need of affordable, sustainable transportation.
How we do it
- DESIGN, SOURCE & MANUFACTURE rugged bicycles engineered specifically for rural terrain and load requirements
- ASSEMBLE bicycles locally with proper tools and close attention to quality
- DELIVER bicycles through purchases, work-to-own & study-to-own programs
- ESTABLISH maintenance infrastructure by training local field mechanics
- EVALUATE our work through independent studies
- COMMUNICATE program results to donors and partners